[Marxism] Latinos To Obama: Change On Immigration Or Else

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Aug 17 08:27:20 MDT 2011

On 8/17/2011 10:22 AM, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> When will one of these groups actually break with the Democrats!?
>
> Is there similarity between times where 3rd parties or independents have
> made gains and what we are seeing now? Like Perot in '92 and Roosevelt in
> '12? Are there slow movements by groups that start as, "Shape up Party X",
> and evolve to forming or voting for another party in mass?

Unfortunately, the momentum for a 3rd party has to be built up
practically from scratch after the betrayal of the Demogreens in
the 2004 election. The only favorable indicator is the shattering
of illusions about Obama that make it possible for an aggressive
challenge to him. That is the main reason the Democrats might
smile on a primary challenge since it would channel discontent
into the same old shit.