[Marxism] judicial savagery in England

Ralph Johansen mdriscollrj at charter.net
Wed Aug 17 23:59:11 MDT 2011

Gary MacLennan wrote

We are in for a period of acute polarization. Will it politicize the youth?
That is the crucial question for me.

=================

Seymour in the previous entry also refers readers to this article in the
Economist on the history of British reactionaries *blaming black music
for riots and disorder*
<http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2011/08/civil-disorder-and-looting-hits-britain-0>
and much more, "We've been here before," which quotes a 1982 book
entitled "Hooligan: A History of Respectable Fears", going back as far
as 1751 to show similar events and similar reactions. Possibly if we can
learn what the difference is this time, assuming that there is a
difference (a certain assumption), we might be closer to informed
speculation on that question.