[Marxism] Franklin Lamb : "Waiting for the endgame in Libya"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:32:12 MDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 5:55 AM, Andrew Pollack <acpollack2 at gmail.com>wrote:

And yes, Louis, the US *IS" in Libya. See angryarab.blogspot.com on
> State Department's Feltman meeting with rebels.
> But even if no US diplomat or military officer ever stepped foot in
> Libya, the US is POLITICALLY the brains behind this war, because
> POLITICALLY they want to derail and subvert the Arab Revolution.

I don't know that "boots on the ground" are the best criteria. There are no
"Israelis" in the Gaza Strip (on most days) either, but they're still
universally considered the occupying power because their overwhelming
military dominance and ongoing intervention prevent its self-determination.
Can anyone deny with a straight face that the same is now true of NATO in
Libya? As the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq demonstrate, ground wars are
for suckers.

--
lytlað."