[Marxism] Franklin Lamb : "Waiting for the endgame in Libya"

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 13:04:39 MDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

Well, the main agent of imperialist domination is the TNC and the men who
> just effectively won the war against Qaddafi state that they are not taking
> orders from it. If the TNC is a transmission belt of imperialist domination,
> it seems fairly impotent.

I think you missed this (fairly obvious) part of the Cockburn article:

"For if Gaddafi proved too weak to stay in power, this does not mean that
the rebels have overwhelming strength. They were saved from defeat last
March by Nato aircraft striking at Gaddafi's armour as it advanced on
Benghazi. They are entering Tripoli now only because they have received
tactical air support from Nato."

The man who just effectively won the war against Qaddafi is Gen. Carter F.
Ham, USA.

--
lytlað."