[Marxism] A telling quote

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:12:16 MDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

What I think those in the anti-anti-Qaddafi left should begin considering is
> the possibility that their model of a transmission belt between Langley,
> Virginia, the TNC in Benghazi, and the men who spray paint "Zintan" or
> "Nalut" on the walls of Tripoli might be deeply flawed.

I'm not sure if you count me as one of those - my position is certainly
distinguishable from that of the WWP or PSL, although I haven't harped on
our differences - but to the extent that I qualify, my response is that it
could hardly matter less. Once superpowers gain a foothold, the positions of
those on the ground cease to carry much weight, absent years of protracted
struggle. To go back to my previous example of Gaza, the government and
every armed faction here are militantly anti-Zionist, yet somehow the
territory is still occupied by Zionism. That's just what happens when you
put Kalashnikovs and homemade rockets up against F-16s and Predator drones.
And while those handling the former might have the purest of intentions, the
dynamics and outcome of the match aren't moral questions.

--
lytlað."