[Marxism] Monthly Review accuses ISO of spreading racist lies

Tristan Sloughter kungfooguru at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:38:26 MDT 2011

I did not know that any proof counter to Gaddafi
using mercenaries existed...

The anti-anti-Gaddafi left at first shouted that the foreign African
fighters were willing troops who wanted to protect Gaddafi, now they say
they never existed?

The tactic of using foreign forces has been used for centuries, as far as I
know mainly in cases where the people of the nation can not be trusted by
the ruler or be trusted to massacre the citizens because they are the
citizens.

Like the Libyan pilots who defected rather than bomb Benghazi. I believe I
heard also that pilots who were bombing Libyans were foreign, but that may
have just been from the Libyan woman (who supported intervention) arguing
with me downtown Chicago at an anti-NATO intervention rally... Not to say
she wasn't right.

Tristan