[Marxism] After The Big Gaddafi - Welcome to Libya's 'democracy' by Pepe Escobar

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Aug 25 15:40:05 MDT 2011

On 8/25/11 4:39 PM, Ralph Johansen wrote:
> I'd like to hear you take what Pepe says here and deal with it, point by
> point.

I have a better idea. You are an educated man. Why don't you go to a
library and do some research on Libya as I have been doing either in the
brick-and-mortar version at my workplace library or on the Net. Then you
should write your own article, as I urged you to do privately.

One of the things I get from reading about the Marxist movement of the
early 20th century is how important scholarship was to these organic
intellectuals. Nearly every 5 letters from Rosa Luxemburg in the new
Verso collection has a reference to some book she is reading.

Give it a try. I am sure you would find it a very rewarding experience.