[Marxism] Hurricane report

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sun Aug 28 17:34:47 MDT 2011

in addition, as is also typical of many Nor'easters, the storm was very
banded. in neighboring towns in my state, one town got 7.5" of  rain,
one town over got 3.5". in one town, 70% of power is out, in another
20%. Jim is up in Boston where another friend says the storm was no big
deal. i have other friends 20 minutes away who are under 4 feet of
water, whereas i am high and dry. winds were calm here all afternoon
while other areas of the northeast had high winds. now the highest winds
of the storm are on me, also typical of nor'easters, but also apparently
part of the structure of this storm, which had higher than usual winds
aloft which only here and there "mixed down" to the surface.

so talk about media hype all you want. but wise to inject SOME science
and detailed observation into what actually went down.

Les