[Marxism] Libya's spectacular revolution has been disgraced by racism

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:37:00 MDT 2011

On 30/08/2011 21:23, Tristan Sloughter wrote:
> After I sent that I knew I'd get a response like this, haha. The
> example I gave was simply focused on the issue of having a terrible
> wrong being committed by those on the side of progressive revolt. It
> is not meant to be about if or if not Libya had a revolution in the end.

If your point is that a revolution should not be dismissed because of
wrongs committed on its behalf, I agree.  This was much the point I made
when debating Sukant Chandan and his amen corner in central London just
as the war was beginning.  As I say, any judgment as to the
'revolutionary' nature of this struggle must hinge not firstly on
crimes, but on the degree of involvement and autonomy on the part of the
masses, which is necessarily greatly abridged when imperialism is involved.