[Marxism] Who do the "Libyan people" support?

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:34:46 MDT 2011

Obviously, they are split. But here's today's evidence that massive numbers of them support the government:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvfAuwGOtKg
Sky News: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Libya-Video-Gaddafi-Warns-Forces-Could-Strike-In-Europe-As-Huge-Crowds-Gather-In-Tripoli/Article/201107116022576
BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13997322
CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/07/01/libya.war/

The video calls the rally one million. Yes, by all means let's have an argument about the number, I'm sure we can all judge with high accuracy how many were there. Sky and BBC says "tens of thousands," which by U.S. antiwar rally corporate reporting standards, means hundreds of thousands. CNN, hewing closer to the imperialist line and doing a better job of downplaying the rally, merely calls it "large."

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com