[Marxism] (Fwd) Saif Gaddafi talks left having walked way right

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Fri Jul 1 22:27:05 MDT 2011

(Isn't this faux anti-imperialism audacious? The attack on McDonald's
when Saif was the key reformer trying to sell Libyan assets to
multinational capital; the attack on Western governments, whose nastiest
elements Saif assiduously courted; the attack on multilateral justice
when Saif's plagiarised PhD from the Libyan School of Economics in
London was the most toady bit of pro-WTO cosmo-democracy hucksterism
ever conceived; the call for Moscow to 'bomb London or Paris'? Robert
Mugabe, your heir to the talk-left walk-right throne is waiting.)

Russia Today

    US looks on Libya as McDonald's -- Gaddafi's son

Edited: 01 July, 2011, 16:18

USA looks upon Libya as fast food expecting a fast war and a quick
victory, Saif al-Islam Gaddafi.

USA looks upon Libya as fast food expecting a fast war and a quick
victory, Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the son of the Libyan leader wanted by
the ICC, told RT. But the West will never get what they want, he added.

­/"Many countries, Iran and North Korea are among them, told us it was
our mistake to give up, to have stopped developing long-range missiles
and to become friendly with the West. Our example means one should never
trust the West and should always be on alert -- for them it is fine to
change their mind overnight and start bombing Libya,"/ said Saif
al-Islam Gaddafi./
/

/"One of our biggest mistakes was that we delayed buying new weapons,
especially from Russia, and delayed building a strong army. We thought
Europeans were our friends; our mistake was to be tolerant with our
enemies"./

Gaddafi's son was charged by the International Criminal Court on June 27
for a "state policy aimed at deterring by any means, including lethal
force, the demonstrations of civilians against the Gaddafi regime"
alongside his father Muammar Gaddafi and his military intelligence chief
General Abdullah al-Sanoussi. However the Libyan leader's son sees the
charge differently. /
/

/"They do not accuse me of policy, they accuse me of killing people, and
everybody knows it. For me to be responsible for killing people was a
joke. This would have happened anywhere in the world if people in the
street moved towards a military site trying to steal ammunition or arms.
Of course the military would prevent them!"/ stated Saif al-Islam Gaddafi.

The son of the Libyan leader denied either he or his father had ordered
the killing of protesters./
/

/"No, nobody ordered to kill them, the guards just fired, that's it. And
they do not need permission to do that."
/

/"It's a fake court. Under the table they are trying to negotiate with
us a deal. They say if you accept this deal, we will take care of the
court. What does that mean? It means this court is controlled by those
countries which are attacking us every day! It is just to put
psychological and political pressure on us. That's it. Of course, it
won't work. The court is a joke here in Libya," /concluded the son of
the Libyan leader.

Saif al-Islam Gaddafi said the West has only one target -- Libya. /"The
country is a like a piece of cake for them -- it is rich, it has gas,
oil and money, so they must kill my father to get the cake. What they
don't understand is that the fighting will not stop if my father goes.
Libyans will continue fighting until one day the country will be back to
the Libyans,"/concluded Saif al-Islam Gaddafi.

/"We told them 'You want elections? OK -- let's do elections. We will
bring observers from Russia, from America, from the African Union, from
the European Union, from the United Nations to supervise the elections.
And if we win -- you should accept the results, if we lose --
congratulations.' They answered 'no.',/" Saif al-Islam Gaddafi went on.
"/Our goal is to march to Tripoli. We have to march to Tripoli and
occupy Tripoli. By force. So, you want to fight? OK, we will fight. And
you will lose. And soon, because you have no chance. You have 40 ships
in front of our coast, you have hundreds of airplanes, you have 17
satellites from America and France, you have everything, but you are
losing every day. Why? Because the people are not with you."/

/"The Libyans are united not just around my father as a leader but they
are united around other moral values. They are fighting for their
country, for their people. They know that NATO is here and is bombing
not because they want to help us, or because it is so nice to us or
because it is so generous towards the Libyan people, but because they
have their own interest. And the rebels are with NATO not because they
are pro-democracy or fighting for freedom. It has nothing to do with
this. They have their own interests. They want to share the cake -- they
want to share this country," /said Saif al-Islam Gaddafi.

The son of the Libyan leader acknowledged that the West won the media
war at the outset because it planned to say Gaddafi was in Venezuela,
the rebels were occupying Tripoli and the regime was gone.

/"They seeded big chaos in the whole country. We are still now suffering
from that chaos. But now the Libyans are winning. The Security Council
issued its resolution against Libya because of fake media reports saying
that the Libyan air force is bombing civilian districts in Tripoli and
killing -- but go there and show me any evidence of such killings. We
told everyone -- please, send a fact-finding mission to Libya to find
out what's happened. They said no. We are going to bomb you."/

/"Nobody will give up and raise a white flag. And the Libyans will not
allow them to do that. And the fight will continue," /added Saif
al-Islam Gaddafi.

At the end of the interview, Saif al-Islam Gaddafi said it was time for
Russia to step in to play a positive role in the escalating conflict and
show that it is a superpower./
/

/"Libya is a great opportunity for Russia to become a superpower. It's
similar to what happened in Egypt when the Soviet Union managed to stop
the French and the British. It's exactly what is happening now in Libya.
And from then on the Soviet Union became a super power, because at that
time it said: you stop aggression against Egypt, or we are going to bomb
London and Paris. It's the same again."/

http://rt.com/news/interview-gaddafi-libya-usa/