[Marxism] Turn in DSK case....(FURTHER reformatted)

Tom Cod tomcod3 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 10:54:43 MDT 2011

Ironically, HBO recently ran a documentary "Sex Crimes Unit" about the
Manhattan DA's office where two gangster street thugs were convicted
of raping a prostitute.  The fact that she was a prostitute and had a
criminal record was brought up with the DA commenting so what? that
means these guys can get away with raping her?  Then again, if the
defendants were millionaire jet setting politicos the outcome might
have been different.  Millions of people are undocumented workers in
this country.  This logic further demonizes them and forces them into
the shadows with this logic also being used by their employers to
intimidate them.  Act up and you're busted.  No, the only credibility
issues that should have any weight in this case are those related to
the incident itself which has forensic evidence supporting its
occurrence.  Moreover, if New York law is tune with California's,
DSK's history of sexual abuse is also admissible to attack his
credibility.  Thus many French women are aghast at this latest "coup
de theatre".

Tellingly, according to today's NYT, attorney Lisa Friel, the head of
the Manhattan DA sex crimes unit featured in the HBO documentary,
recently resigned after Vance took DSK's case from her office, a case
whose issues she and her colleagues routinely face, but which the
bosses assigned to it would have us believe were blind sided by.   The
victim's lawyer is entirely correct, Vance is backing down due to
political cowardice.