[Marxism] Crime after Crime

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Jul 3 12:34:15 MDT 2011

For the first few minutes of “Crime after Crime”, I began to lose
interest because the documentary lacked the kind of flair found in
better-funded works directed by veteran filmmakers like Michael Moore or
Charles Ferguson. To describe it as prosaic would be the understatement
of the year.

Eventually I learned that the director Yoav Potash’s first experience in
movie making was as the legal videographer for a couple of pro bono
lawyers who were trying to secure the release of Deborah Peagler, an
African-American woman sentenced to life in prison for first degree
murder of her husband, a pimp who used to beat her with a bullwhip. They
were trying to reopen the case since the original trial had not taken
domestic violence into account

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/crime-after-crime/