[Marxism] NYT book review of Aristotle

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 3 18:03:50 MDT 2011

A much better job of what Jaffa attempts is "Good Life: Ethics and the Pursuit
of Happiness" (2005) by the late Herbert McCabe - a colleague of Anthony Kenny,
Alasdair MacIntyre, Terry Eagleton et al.

Aquinas wrote, "We study ancient philosophers not to establish what they thought
but how the truth of things stands." Philosophy is not antiquarianism.