[Marxism] My former student on the front page of the New York Times

Tom Cod tomcod3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:21:04 MDT 2011

Yeah, he's our Congressman here on the North Coast; he's also a
Vietnam vet.  For what it's worth, local Green Party activist and
friend of Peter Camejo, Dan Hamburg held the seat for one term as a
Democrat in the 90s.  Hamburg was recently elected a Mendocino County
Supervisor, an office he previously held in the 80s where he's now
embroiled with the budget and its attendant pay cuts and layoffs.  My
colleagues over in the public defender/DA/county counsel
County Attorneys Union (Teamsters) were asked to take a 20% cut in pay
and benefits but when they threaten to strike like they did in 2006,
they still limped away with a hefty 12% cut in the end.