[Marxism] 2011 NY Asian Film Festival: a spotlight on Korean movies

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jul 6 13:47:11 MDT 2011

Some of the best films I have seen in my capacity as a member of
the New York Film Critics Online (NYFCO) are those shown at the
yearly New York Asian Film Festival (NYAFF), and among those
Korean films rank the highest. One in particular—”Save the Green
Planet!”—was impressive enough for me to nominate as Best Film at
NYFCO’s award ceremony in 2005. That was enough to raise eyebrows
among my colleagues to astral levels, a function no doubt of their
unaccountable preference for “The Squid and the Whale”. My advice
to Netflix members is to rent “Save the Green Planet!“ right away
to see what you’ve been missing. If you don’t love this film, then
clearly something is wrong with you.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2011/07/06/2011-ny-asian-film-festival-a-spotlight-on-korean-movies/