[Marxism] Sting support oil workers in Kazakhstan

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 21:03:05 MDT 2011

Whenever, over the past 10 years or so, people have gushed over Bono, I reminded them of the time that he (Bono) was the single most ill-informed of the performers during the Amnesty and anti-apartheid tours of the 1980s, while Peter Gabriel and Sting were among the more committed. Then again, Phil Collins, a hard-nosed Thatcherite was also one of the committed ones.

We had many a good laugh over Bono's idiocy and, at the time, deeply (almost fundamentalist) christian values. He may have changed THAT, since then. Always respected Sting and Gabriel; worked with them on a few projects in sub-Saharan Africa and south America.

Ismail Lagardien

Nihil humani a me alienum puto