[Marxism] NYRB: Two Marches, Two Futures for Jerusalem

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 04:21:44 MDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Fred Feldman <ffeldman at verizon.net> wrote:

One of the oddities of life in Jerusalem is that everyone knows where the
> future border will run between the Palestinian East and the Israeli
> West-despite the tiresome insistence of the Israeli government that the
> city
> will never again be divided.

I had a hard time reading this seriously beyond the first, absurd sentence.
Funny how "everyone" in the author's experience can reportedly know such a
thing, when I have yet to meet *anyone* of intelligence who can still mount
a plausible argument for the racial partition of Palestine as a possibility
- to say nothing of its desirability!

--
lytlað."