[Marxism] Julian Assange, a Leninist in practice?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jul 9 17:54:04 MDT 2011

On 7/9/11 7:41 PM, John Glastonbury wrote:
> Now, I had this thesis in the back of my head for a while, but watching the
> Frontline Club Interview that Amy Goodman moderated between Assange and
> Zizek (who, wonderful slob that he is, wore a Lenin t-shirt) has only
> further clarified this matter to me.

I will let others speak about the Lenin/Assange question but I really
have to say something about Zizek I've never said before. Earlier in the
day when I was idly surfing through my new 1000 channel Verizon FIOS
cable TV, I stumbled across the Assange/Zizek interview referred to
above on CSPAN. You can of course watch it here as well:

http://www.livestream.com/democracynow/video/pla_0e8ce61f-79a8-4b99-98dc-abb169752fa6

Zizek is a bundle of tics. Watch him as he keeps plucking at his t-shirt
and running his fingers through his hair. He needs a tranquilizer real,
real bad. He is what my mother used to call a nervous cholerya.