[Marxism] good essay on education

mckenna193 at aol.com mckenna193 at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 09:52:45 MDT 2011

Giroux and the critical pedagogy Marxists are systematically ignored by the left press: The Nation, In These Times, Monthly Review, WBAI radio shows, and on and on. . .

It's appalling enough that they are suppressed from liberal programming like NPR, Fresh air, and Bill Moyers. . .but for Foster to reproduce the exclusion, especially when Giroux's critique is a centerpiece of the Marxist educational theorists for almost 40 years, is noteworthy. . .and disturbing.

As Gramsci noted, we have to make these fights count. As a gracious editor, John Bellamy Foster should invite Henry to write a piece for Monthly Review.

Best,

Brian