[Marxism] good essay on education

Leonardo Kosloff holmoff10 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 10 11:38:59 MDT 2011

Les wrote:

“there are two kinds of responses to this
article: one that focuses on the issue of education, and one that focuses on
the political correctness of Foster. Gary seems to be in the first category,
Manuel, Brian and Leonardo seem to be in the second.”

Comrade Les asks very fair questions, but…I’m hardly trying
to scholastically denounce how Braverman and Foster are politically incorrect, don’t
follow Marx, etc.

I didn’t refer to more of the issues involved in the problem
because I saw that the general slant of Foster’s article was centered around
the monopoly capital Taylorism theory and I think this is an inversion. I’m
sorry that I don’t know another more friendly word for it; on the other hand, I
also don’t want the issue to be left in vapid vagueness. And I don’t have any
objections to developing an analysis of the degradation of conditions in
education or anywhere, which are very much real, and I would defend that
against “utopian” views a la Italian workerism, but it has its limits.

Anyhow, please give me a couple days to reply and I’ll try
to elaborate, maybe tell you some of the little I know from conditions in
education in Argentina. Got pseudo-work to do if you know what I mean.