[Marxism] good essay on education

mckenna193 at aol.com mckenna193 at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 14:28:45 MDT 2011

Your notion of "research" borders on positivism.

If you've read Freire you'll find he is akin to Marx in his dialectical notion of research, as in the third thesis on Feuerbach.

Specifically with his definition of the gnosiological cycle of learning. See pps. 7-8 from his "A Pedagogy of Liberation (1987).
http://books.google.com/books?id=321K3G5Icu8C&pg=PA7&lpg=PA7&dq=%22gnosiological+cycle%22+freire&source=bl&ots=4gQNxKEJFe&sig=J-HOy_UqOJe7aMBPRFi2T6NzpV0&hl=en&ei=TQoaTvLDHIfHsQL9_7nCBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

There are legions of critical pedagogues doing empirical research. Maybe if you checked another search engine besides Google?

Best,

Brian