[Marxism] Perhaps we are too nice?

ehrbar at greenhouse.economics.utah.edu ehrbar at greenhouse.economics.utah.edu
Sun Jul 10 21:18:11 MDT 2011

Here is a posting from another list which was not only an ah
ha moment for Joanna but also for me.  People flock to the
right not because they believe in their growth fantasies,
but because they do not want to have to give their stuff
away when things turn rough.  What does this mean for us?
The alternative to selfish competition is not sharing with
everybody who is in need, but the alternative to selfish
competition is disciplined cooperation, where everyone has
to pull their weight and freeriders are weeded out.