[Marxism] What do Marxists do when labor is no longer the limiting factor of production?

ehrbar at greenhouse.economics.utah.edu ehrbar at greenhouse.economics.utah.edu
Tue Jul 12 16:39:34 MDT 2011

me something I think I agree with (still have to think about
it more):

> Yes, we need disciplined cooperation, but not to
> produce as much as possible. We need to maximize
> our wealth by minimizing our waste and consumption.

> Labor shortage is a quaint theory. Today, we take the
> wealth of nature with machines, and that makes us all
> freeriders. Resources and pollution limits are now the
> limiting factors, the weak links in the chain of production.

> Planet parasites unite! Don't kill the host.
> The freerider concept is the problem and it
> drives the "need" to produce as much as possible,
> even though that is way too much.

I hope the author of the above doesn't mind me forwarding
his text anonymously.  I leave it up to him to identify
himself if he so wishes.

I usually don't send the same posting to several mailing
lists at once--I consider it rude--but this time I did.  I
sent my "are we too nice" thing also to a mailing list for
Utah environmental activists.  From them I got a response to
which I then responded as follows.  I probably risk my
reputation as Marxist or even progressive if I show you
this, but I got good responses from the Utah enviros and
wonder what you in the marxism list say about it.  The rest
here is my [E1250] posted to the energy list: