[Marxism] Anti-capitalist hip-hop

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Jul 15 07:53:33 MDT 2011

Comrade,

I don't believe you listen to hip hop, but you certainly have
access to a wide audience that may through your blog and the
Marxism mailing list.

A new Sun Rise Above album entitled "Every Day I Wake Up On The
Wrong Side Of Capitalism" has recently been released. Any mention
of this album would be greatly appreciated. With no opportunity to
advertise sites like yours are the only way to get the word out.

Some press quotes if you're unfamiliar:

"Reframing Public Enemy's uncompromising calls for revolution
within a more millennial sonic paradigm, Sun R.A. manages to give
political rap its groove back. That's not to be confused with
groovy, of course; R.A.'s beats charge from the gates with all the
thoroughbred intensity of the [Wu-Tang] Clan's." - Editor, CNET.com

"...a highly politicized rapper who manages to convey his
ideological leanings in an approachable fashion, without seeming
overly highbrow or unnecessarily esoteric." - Rapreviews.com

If you'd like to review the album, a download link can be sent.

Thanks a lot

Album cover: http://sunriseabove.net/anticapitalism.gif

** Songs from the album on Youtube **

The Anti-Capitalistic Mentality: