[Marxism] Article on the Ramapough Mountain Indians

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Jul 18 07:48:38 MDT 2011

These are the people I wrote about yesterday in my review of the
"Mann V. Ford" documentary that airs tonight on HBO at 9pm.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/03/01/100301fa_fact_mcgrath

The article cites one expert as describing them as "Afro-Dutch",
which would explain the features of the subject of the documentary
and the Dutch last names of many of the people living in this area.

Whatever their ethnicity, they are victims of one of the most
brutal acts of environmental racism ever seen in the USA. Here's
the HBO page on the documentary, btw:

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/mann-v-ford/index.html