[Marxism] For the defeat or uncoditional end of the NAT) war on Libya

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Tue Jul 19 10:53:59 MDT 2011

Manuel Barrera (mtomas3 at hotmail.com) wrote on 2011-07-19 at 09:53:17 in
about Re: [Marxism] For the defeat or uncoditional end of the NAT) war on
Libya:

> The problem does not lie in the conclusion (good thing), but in the
motivation that extends the opposition to imperialist intervention into the
"lesser-evil" that "means that the Gadhafi regime remains in power for
however long. . ."

   That is no "lesser evil" in any count. It is to support the fight for
democratic rights, which begin with the right of the nation to determine its
own fate. The most important democratic right for the Arab nation is the
independence and sovereignty of the current separate Arab countries, their
ability to determine their affairs without regard of the wishes of the former
and wonnabe colonial masters.

> It seems a logical conclusion, but wholly too gratuitous to Gadhafi AND to
the imperialists. The analogy that comes to mind is somehow having a
"position" as to who is better to support, the Mafia or the Cops?

  This is complete nonsense. You could formulate your stance as "do I
support Japan or the USA as the master of China?".

  A real comparison would be -- if you like the Mafia -- if you defend the
Teamster union under Hoffa or the mine workers union under their corrupt
mafia like leadership they once had against attacks by the bosses and the US
government.

  You seem to prefer a neutral stance, even welcoming the takeover of
burocratized unions by the capitalist class, and converting them into yellow
"unions".

   The fact that such pro-imperialist positions as yours can express
themselves under the label of "Marxism" is another proof that this label is
completely useless, even negative. 80% of those claiming to be "Marxist"
(outside of Cuba) are actually pro-capitalist or complete humbugs. It is better
to avoid being identified as one of those.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany