[Marxism] Gilles comment on Greenwald

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:05:54 MDT 2011

Gilles: " However, none of these people, including Ralph Nader, whose
campaigns I supported in 2004 and 2008, did anything but try to make the
Democratic Party closer to a mythical past. None of them has ever broken
with the actual stucture. It's all about a better, nicer, kinder,
organizational, structural democratic system."

This is true, and any particular person (Nader, Greenwald, whoever) may or
may not ever break with the system itself. But it is entirely likely that
people who READ Nader or Greenwald WILL do so, and hence the importance of
following developments in such circles. Greenwald these days, even more than
Nader, is really doing a great job in his columns of showing how rotten the
entire system is. Not the system of capitalism, which isn't his chosen
target, but the system of bourgeois "democracy." And the more people he can
disillusion in that system, the more will come to understand that the
economic system will have to be changed before any semblance of real
democracy can occur.

Eli Stephens
 Left I on the News
 http://lefti.blogspot.com

[P.S. - this is my first email from a new mail client; if it doesn't come
through nicely, please forgive]