[Marxism] My Tehran For Sale

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jul 23 15:23:42 MDT 2011

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:45:38 -0400
Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> I was not clear.
>
> It is not a pop-up, which technically speaking is invoked by the page
> you are linking to (and usually through Javascript). Instead it is an
> entirely different page that sits above the fesenjan.blogspot page and
> overlaps it.

That is *just* what I would call a popup; it's exactly what
Firefox's popup blocker blocks. First time it happened
the popup blocker called my attention to it; I allowed it
and didn't much like what I saw. I got it with
Linux/Firefox and Linux/Chrome, but as you say, not
consistently. There are a number of possible explanations
for that, but it would take a fair amount of digging
to figure which one is the right one.

But again, it's the sort of thing that tends to make me
avoid a site.

--
--

Michael J. Smith