[Marxism] Class Dismissed

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 14:15:34 MDT 2011

Marsh reply on the "achievement gap": " a good deal of the racial and ethnic achievement gap disappears when you factor out class, but not all of it. And I confess to having no more insight into why that should be the case than many scholars who study the question, who have plausible theories but little by way of definite conclusions. It remains a mystery and a challenge to our ideals." So, if you just "factor out" most of the people where there is a gap and only talk about those privileged enough to benefit from a capitalist education system, then it just goes away. "Class dismissed" indeed. Nice editing . . .

Manuel