[Marxism] Norway's tragedy must shake Europe into acting on extremism

Nasir Khan naskha3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 05:45:17 MDT 2011

The following post did not show the link; therefore,  I am reposting it.
Aslak S. Myhre: Norway attacks

I share the fear and pain of my country – but in Norway this kind of
insane act has always had its origins in the far right.

Like every other citizen of Oslo, I have walked in the streets and
buildings that have been blown away. I have even spent time on the
island where young political activists were massacred. I share the
fear and pain of my country. But the question is always why, and this
violence was not blind.

The terror of Norway has not come from Islamic extremists. Nor has it
come from the far left, even though both these groups have been
accused time after time of being the inner threat to our “way of
living”. Up to and including the terrifying hours in the afternoon of
22 July, the little terror my country has experienced has come from
the far right.

Full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/24/norway-tragedy-extremism-europeact
has always had its origins in the far right