[Marxism] Detained Malaysian parliamentarian on hunger strike

Peter Boyle peterb at greenleft.org.au
Thu Jul 28 01:12:58 MDT 2011

PRESS STATEMENT – 28 July 2011

DR. JEYAKUMAR ON HUNGER STRIKE :

PSM CONCERNED AND SEEK IMMEDIATE ACCESS

I was informed a short while ago by Rani that Dr. Jeyakumar – PSM
Central Committee Member and MP for Sungai Siput has since this
morning commenced on a hunger strike to seek for the immediate release
of all 6 EO detainees.

I cannot confirm if he is indeed on hunger strike but his wife did try
to persuade him yesterday not to go on with it due to his health
condition. Since there is no any confirmation from the authorities, we
believe that Dr. Jeyakumar has started on his hunger strike and we are
very concerned about his well being.

We call upon the Government to immediately release the EO 6 and give
us access to Dr. Jeyakumar immediately. Meanwhile I will be going to
Bukit Aman to seek some clarification with regards to this.

Released by
S.Arutchelvan
Secretary General
http://parti-sosialis.org

* Please sign the online petition. http://www.petitiononline.
com/eo6/petition.html

* Donate to the Free the PSM 6 Campaign

PSM is running a campaign to release the EO6. The aim of this is to
educate the public about the EO and to demand the government abolish
this draconian law. This campaign includes producing leaflets,
banners, t-shirts, badges and memorandum handovers. The money will
also be used to arrange the transport of the families of the 6
detainees from Perak and family support for the families of the 6
whose income has been affected. Any contribution to this campaign is
much appreciated. Please find details of our bank account below.

Account Name: PSM CENTRE
Account No: 0061-10-003237-7
Bank: EON BANK
Bank Branch: Brickfields (Tun Sambanthan) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Swift Code: EOBBMYKL