[Marxism] Stop Bombing Africa!

Pinchy Way pinchyway1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 11:32:51 MDT 2011

On July 9 I took part in a demonstration in front of the White House, the theme of which was "Stop Bombing Libya". The last time I had taken part in a protest against US bombing of a foreign country, which the White House was selling as "humanitarian intervention", as they are now, was in 1999 during the 78-day bombing of Serbia. At that time I went to a couple of such demonstrations and both times I was virtually the only American there. The rest, maybe two dozen, were almost all Serbs. "Humanitarian intervention" is a great selling device for imperialism, particularly in the American market. Americans are desperate to renew their precious faith that the United States means well, that we are still "the good guys".

This time there were about 100 taking part in the protest. I don't know if any were Libyans, but there was a new element — almost half of the protesters were black, marching with signs saying: "Stop Bombing Africa".

http://www.counterpunch.com/blum07292011.html

Mr. Proyect, are there any demonstrations in the New York City area coming up soon that will be demanding STOP BOMBING AFRICA?   If so, who is organizing them?    I certainly hope these rallies are being built, because when I held up my sign saying US OUT OF AFRICA a couple of years ago at several SAVE DARFUR rallies, the primarily Democratic Party people attending these rallies were not very friendly to me.   Go figure?   But times do change!