[Marxism] Thoughts on Obama from Doug's list

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:02:14 MDT 2011

Hi Lou

This was a very honest and therefore interesting piece. I would like to
think he is right about the coming election, but I personally fear Obama
will win.The 'lesser of two evils' ideology has never failed the Democrats
before and honestly I cannot see why it would now.  The deficit/default
 'thang' that is going on right now is I suspect a kind of dress rehearsal
for the good cop bad cop election to come.
Whatever happens though we will see an ever deepening of the politics of
disillusionment.  I notice that here among the Liberals Obama is scarcely
every mentioned now, but when he had just go elected they were all strutting
around saying "Yes we can". Hopefully it is even worse in the States.  The
key constituency remains the Afro-American working class.  Are they still
rivitted on to Obama or are they beginning to see beyond the veil?

comradely

Gary