[Marxism] The NYTIMES's Big Obamist Lie

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Jul 30 09:11:52 MDT 2011

Flacking as always for Obama, they wrote in an editorial:
"Now the only hope left for avoiding default on Tuesday is for the
Senate to piece together a compromise that can pass with bipartisan
majorities in both chambers."

They continue to play on the totally phony "debt ceiling" crisis in
order to blame the GOP and justify the Obama austerity drive.  The
fact, which they forcefully and deliberately conceal from their
readers, is that Obama as president has all the legal authority
necessary to avoid default, and he knows it.  At any point this year
Obama could have simply told the people, the congress, and the
"markets": "The USA will not default.  I have all the constitutional
and statutory authority necessary to maintain the full faith and
credit of the United States and I will use that authority. There will
be no default no matter what the obstructionists in the House majority
do or don't do.  All the governments bills will be paid. There will be
no default."

So why didn't he say that?  Isn't it obvious?  His enforcer once said
"a crisis is a terrible thing to waste,"  and if Obama had no crisis
big enough to lay the ground for the Wall-Street austerity program he
(together with his GOP frenemies) wants to impose then he and they had
to invent one.  Which is where we're at.

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities
that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying
attention to"