[Marxism] Israel: Housing protests break out

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 14:40:43 MDT 2011

Further in the article:

"Some of the older generation of leftists were condescending to the
young people, dismissing their protest as 'apolitical'. This
generation of leftists are accustomed to focusing, isolated, on the
occupation and the Palestinian issues, from the general Israeli
population."

Against which this new brand of "apolitical" protest, which shows
little awareness that Palestinians exist, doesn't seem like much of an
improvement, no?

"And while the Rothschild demonstrators do not yet generally make an
explicit connection between the occupation and their struggles, it is
only a matter of time."

That's one possible scenario. Here's another one:

"Right-wing NGO 'My Israel' offered on Friday to join Saturday night's
mass housing protest – but only if the organizers agree to sing
Hatikva at the demonstration."

http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=231581

Time will tell which actually happens, and I don't begin to understand
the reasons for the GLW's insistence that their preferred outcome is a
certainty.

--
"Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure
mægen lytlað."