[Marxism] International progressives and Press TV

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 05:45:09 MDT 2011

Full disclosure: I've been a paid commentator on Press TV a couple of times
recently. Caveat emptor.

That said, if we're going to boycott state media, I can think of far better
reasons to start with the BBC or the Voice of America (both of which I've
also dealt with lately), or any number of comparable Western outlets. After
all, unlike the IRI, which has never launched a war, the governments these
media represent actually go around attacking, invading, and occupying other
people's countries. The internal affairs of a state that minds its own
business simply don't strike me as my business in the same way.