[Marxism] "The Bolsheviks and Nationalism: Four Cogent Comments"

John Riddell johnriddell at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 31 15:09:54 MDT 2011

Dear friends,

My article "Nationality's role in social liberation: the Soviet legacy" drew
four comments, each of which raises an important issue. They take up (1)
Soviet attitudes to Sharia-based customary law; (2) the consistency of
Lenin's thought; (3) the role of the Jewish Bund; and (4) the results of
Soviet rule in Armenia.

I have posted the comments, plus a few remarks of my own, to my website. See
http://johnriddell.wordpress.com/2011/07/31/the-bolsheviks-and-nationalism-f
our-cogent-comments/#more-607

For a full listing of communist history working papers posted to date, see
http://johnriddell.wordpress.com/category/communist-international/articles/.
The next instalment will examine alternative texts of the Communist
International's call for workers' governments.

To receive e-mail alerts regarding new articles on my website, fill in the
box "To be notified of new posts" in the right-hand column.

John Riddell