[Marxism] Ralph Nader, What Will this Chronically Disillusioned, Delusional Democrat do in 2012?

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 21:01:15 MDT 2011

Not a particularly great materialist, Pinchy . . . just your garden variety
materialist.  This means in a political sense that we should take the class
struggle in the form it presents itself and try to go from there.
Conversely, it means you can't change the relationship of class forces by
chanting at it any more than you can levitate the Pentagon . . . .

For all the wind in your email, I've not seen you get beyond griping about
what others have done and offer a single concrete suggestion about how best
to maximize our impact in terms of fostering independent political action.
This is why I referred to what you're doing as whining.

Come up with a concrete proposal.

Personally, I'd not only reassert mine, but applaud the efforts of labor and
progressive forces to mount a primary challenge to Obama.  This is not out
of illusions in the Democratic Party, but a recognition that such an act by
tens of thousands of workingclass Democratic voters can be their first step
towards asserting their own interests in the political sphere and can lead
to more.

That's materialism, too, of course.  Not the repetition of abstract slogans
that have been chanted by the dogmatists since the 1890s to the effect of
leaving the Left where it now it.

ML