[Marxism] Ralph Nader, What Will this Chronically Disillusioned, Delusional Democrat do in 2012?

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Sun Jul 31 22:20:29 MDT 2011

While I agree with Louis's comments on Henry Wallace's campaign on challenging Jim Crow and racism, I
believe Louis is incorrect in implying that Wallace opposed the Cold War.  My understanding was that
Henry Wallace supported the U. S. War in Korea and this ended any relationships that Wallace had prior
with left individuals.  This is why Wallace was never listed or mentioned after in Left/progressive issues.

I am not clear where Glenn Taylor (Wallace's V. P.) stood on the Cold War, but he was involved in
challenging racism and supported progressive politics, during his short term as a U. S. senator from Idaho,
before being defeated and then moving to California.

> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:40:43 -0400
> From: lnp3 at panix.com
> Subject: Re: [Marxism] Ralph Nader, What Will this Chronically Disillusioned, Delusional Democrat do in 2012?
>

> The Wallace campaign has served as a whipping boy for dogmatic Marxist
> electoral theorizing, much of which I took seriously when I was in the
> Trotskyist movement. It was supposed to prove what a dead end middle
> class electoral politics was, in contrast to the insurmountable power
> and logic of a Labor Party. Unfortunately, the Labor Party existed only
> in the realm of propaganda while the Wallace campaign, with all its
> flaws, existed in the realm of reality.
>
> While most people are aware of Wallace's resistance to the Cold War and
> to some of the more egregious anti-union policies of the Democrats and
> Republicans, it is important to stress the degree to which his campaign
> embraced the nascent civil rights movement.

mailman/options/marxism/causecollector%40msn.com