[Marxism] The professional turn in higher education

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Sep 2 09:56:47 MDT 2011

On 9/2/11 11:47 AM, Manuel Barrera wrote:

> HOWEVER, that whole "post-modernist" framework? I hope you are not
> trying to apologize for it because it is not all that defensible (at
> least not for many of that ilk).
>
> Appreciatively and comradely,

Randy is a Marxist but as someone who is deeply involved with the
culture wars on campus, he had something to say at the time (I should
mention that my post said I took a class with him 29 years ago, it was
actually 20). Nowadays he doesn't pay much attention since it is pretty
much dead as a trend.

Here's something he wrote a while back that touches on this:

http://www.generation-online.org/c/fc_rent7.htm