[Marxism] "Cuba does not recognize the Transitional National Council"

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 18:37:43 MDT 2011

The original says:
El Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores ha procedido a retirar a su
personal diplomático en Libia, donde la intervención extranjera y la
agresión militar de la OTAN han agudizado el conflicto, y han impedido
al pueblo libio avanzar hacia una solución negociada y pacífica, en
pleno ejercicio de su autodeterminación.
Which Yoshie translates as:
Foreign Ministry of Cuba has withdrawn its diplomatic staff from
Libya, where foreign intervention and NATO military aggression has
exacerbated the conflict and prevented the Libyan people from
advancing toward a peaceful negotiated solution, in full exercise of
their self-determination.
I.e. Cuba is not blaming the Libyan people, but rather NATO for
impeding what Cuba believes (wrongly) might have otherwise been a
negotiated solution by the Libyan people.
 Although lord knows Castro has been bad enough on Libya that the
Brecht quote could certainly apply in a more general way.
And it certainly applies to neoStalinists in the US, which is why the
Brecht quote was my signature line for weeks.