[Marxism] Libya is now set to be a scene of multiple battles

Manuel Barrera mtomas3 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:19:02 MDT 2011

"As John Cleese once said, it's not the despair, it's the hope...  Look, we're not discussing the "impotence of the masses" or any such thing. We're discussing the reality in Libya *today*.   If you want someone to cheer you up, perhaps you should take Louis' advice and read Gilbert Achcar.  He seems to think the revolution has only just begun."

Tomb . . . I guess the name is apropos. Geez, I hate it when a pretend Marxist-wannabe economist-foolin'-everyone-he-is-a-revolutionary tries to tell me to be "realistic". Sounds like my mother-alternatively-Obama-Liberal Party-pragmatist-'cuz bein' in London-I-know-what-is-the-reality-in-Libya-*today*-makes-me-superior-'cuz-I-use-alot-of-words-to-justify-my-not-actually-acting-on-getting-NATO-Out Now-kinda guy to me.

Again, where are all those actions that you were pontificating should happen to Stop NATO when Qadhaffi was in power? You have a "voice", Tomb (admittedly and unfortunately much bigger than mine). Why don't you use it to be a bit less realistic?

John Cleese is a funny guy and I am sure you think these concerns are a joke. I assure you they are not. The more you act as if you have a better take on this issue from your perch, the more you sound like an idiot. I've never cared whether my elders/parents were disappointed in me, why in this ridiculous Hell in which we live would you think I would care how disappointed You are? Feed your ego with someone else.