[Marxism] Old guy humor

dajj1950 at primusonline.com.au dajj1950 at primusonline.com.au
Mon Sep 12 14:34:51 MDT 2011

I copresent a programme called City Limits on Melbourne's 3Cr - a community
radio station. We have a wide agenda but focus on government services (lack
off) community campaigns and environmental issues. About a year and a half
ago we interviewed a woman called Tamar Hopkins from a local community Legal
centre. They have been running a very strong campaaign against the police
harassment of local kids from the Horn of Africa who live mostly in the Government
owned High Rise flats in the area.At point she said that the cops repeatadly
said to the kids'fucking cunts'. We didn't bat an eyelid - nor did any of
our listners ring up and complain. The majority of our listeners are good
lefties apart from the handful of media mointors who get paid by big companies
and political parties to see what nasty things we say about them.