[Marxism] Old guy humor

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Sep 12 14:41:23 MDT 2011

On 9/12/11 4:34 PM, dajj1950 at primusonline.com.au wrote:

> I copresent a programme called City Limits on Melbourne's 3Cr - a community
> radio station. We have a wide agenda but focus on government services (lack
> off) community campaigns and environmental issues. About a year and a half
> ago we interviewed a woman called Tamar Hopkins from a local community Legal
> centre. They have been running a very strong campaaign against the police
> harassment of local kids from the Horn of Africa who live mostly in the Government
> owned High Rise flats in the area.At point she said that the cops repeatadly
> said to the kids'fucking cunts'. We didn't bat an eyelid - nor did any of
> our listners ring up and complain. The majority of our listeners are good
> lefties apart from the handful of media mointors who get paid by big companies
> and political parties to see what nasty things we say about them.

Speaking of radio and 'fucking cunts', I did a half-hour interview on an
FM station in the Central Valley of California on Friday night with
Richard Estes, who blogs at http://amleft.blogspot.com/. I had the
impression that it was some kind of community nonprofit station that was
a Pacifica or NPR affiliate but was surprised (pleasantly, I guess, in
retrospect) to see Richard cut to a commercial half-way through for a
local clinic specializing in ED. That's erectile dysfunction! Will get
an mp3 in a day or so that I will post on my blog. Hope it has the
commercial.