[Marxism] The right tone on the Libyan situation

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Sep 14 07:35:06 MDT 2011

Ultimately, I think the right tone on the Libyan
situation–cautious, critical, but hopeful–is the one struck by Lou
Proyect. Lou is certainly no humanitarian imperialist–I first came
across him when he was eviscerating the proponents of the war on
Serbia in the late 1990′s. But in the past few months he’s been
doing thankless rhetorical battle against the tired pro-Gaddafi
arguments of the vulgar anti-imperialist “left”, and he recognizes
that there’s more to the Libyan rebels than the stooges speaking
to the cameras in Benghazi.

full: http://jacobinmag.com/blog/?p=1592