[Marxism] Marxism Digest, Vol 95, Issue 35

Dan d.koechlin at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 19 13:04:12 MDT 2011

My mails aren't getting posted on marxmail. Is it because they are not
relevant ? Here's something relevant :

Is there aught we hold in common with the greedy parasite,
        Who would lash us into serfdom and would crush us with his
        might?
        Is there anything left to us but to organize and fight?
        For the union makes us strong.
        Chorus
        It is we who plowed the prairies; built the cities where they
        trade;
        Dug the mines and built the workshops, endless miles of railroad
        laid;
        Now we stand outcast and starving midst the wonders we have
        made;
        But the union makes us strong.
        Chorus
        All the world that's owned by idle drones is ours and ours
        alone.
        We have laid the wide foundations; built it skyward stone by
        stone.
        It is ours, not to slave in, but to master and to own.
        While the union makes us strong.
        Chorus
        They have taken untold millions that they never toiled to earn,
        But without our brain and muscle not a single wheel can turn.
        We can break their haughty power, gain our freedom when we learn
        That the union makes us strong.