[Marxism] Obama's faux left turn

Gary MacLennan gary.maclennan1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:58:45 MDT 2011

Very shrewd comment Lou. There is though something desperate about this
maneuver.  When a slick centrist opportunist has to turn to the Left to save
his ass, I am reminded first of all of Dr Johnson's misogynistic remarks
about women "A woman's preaching is like a dog's walking on his hinder legs.
It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all."

Obama must be hoping for a big surprise factor.

I am on a slightly more serious level also reminded of a Brecht short story
he wrote about Caesar just before his assassination.  The latter feels his
enemies closing around him and in desperation he talks to the imprisoned
leader of the plebs, who tells him to piss off and so the great Caesar goes
to his doom.

I hope the same fate befalls Obama, but knowing liberals like I do I suspect
that they will, like the house trained dolphins at Sea World,  come right
out of the water hoping for a nibble.

comradely

Gary