[Marxism] Pirate Party get 9% in Berlin election

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Tue Sep 20 01:30:15 MDT 2011

Tristan Sloughter (kungfooguru at gmail.com) wrote on 2011-09-19 at 20:32:37
in  about Re: [Marxism] Pirate Party get 9% in Berlin election:

> Mostly true. But free software (free as in freedom, libre, is a better term
> for it than 'open source' which was made to make companies more
comfortable)
> is also collectively created and maintained. Which is interesting since so
> many in the software world and even the free software world
> are libertarians.
>
> Myself, all my free software work is unrelated to any goal of monetary gain
> -- though it obviously does help anyway due to networking and your work
> being out there -- and my work programming is internal to the company,
so
> neither free software or proprietary.

   As I said, this touches a fundamental contradiction of the capitalist mode
of production, but this contradiction can't be solved without the working class
(and our allies) taking political power out of the hands of the capitalist class.

Cheers,

Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany