[Marxism] Breaking-Light-Speed l?

Tom Cod tomcod3 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 08:15:08 MDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Les Schaffer <schaffer at optonline.net> wrote:

This thread reminds of that 5 minute radio show that was on NPR in the
80s called "Ask Dr. Science".  Dr. Science, can you explain the
difference between Organism, Orgasm and Oregonian one listener asked
to which he received an authoritative answer,

> these
> are kindergarten questions and there ARE kindergarten answer books out
> there that will at least get you into the discussion on an interesting
> level. i mean kindergarten as in "a level where, with some interesting
> graphics and cartoons, you can get a reasonable non-mathematical sense
> of what the theory is about".

Geez, No Child Left Behind really has been more of a success than we
thought if kindergarden kids are conversant in this obscure stuff.

> if "arrive" has any meaning in a physical sense, then we'll have a lot
> of explaining to do since much physical effects we know about are
> electromagnetic effects which travel at light speed. what else is there
> to a thing? a god-like presence that propagates at any speed it wishes?
> who is the spiritualist now?

Uh, its material mass, it's matter.  Ya know, like a rock, the
physical part, gotta be something to it besides electromagnetic
effects.